File RoundUp Version
2.6.3 is now available!
This is a free update to registered users. If you are a user
of File RoundUp 1.0 and have a serial number with more than 9 digits,
you'll need to contact us for a new one. Please contact us if you have any questions
Each download package below contains the application, the File
RoundUp User's Guide (an abbreviated user's manual), and other
related documents. Additional documentation will
be sent to you once you've registered the application and follow the
instructions. It's simple and fast.
Send Warp Ten Updates an email if you'd like to be notified
of later releases of File RoundUp. See the Orders page for information about purchasing
File RoundUp, or just click the "Register" button in the application.
File RoundUp Carbon version may be used on any version of Mac OS
X On Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6), it makes use of Rosetta.
File RoundUp 2.6.3 Carbon (for Mac OS
FRU Carbon Installer (1600KB)
If you have any problems downloading File RoundUp, please notify us by e-mail . We'll be
happy to send the latest version to you as an attachment. Just let
us know which package you need.
RoundUp Release Notes
VERSION 2.6.3 is the current release of File RoundUp.
The 2.6 update is a Major update. This release includes a number
of major changes. The most visible, in OS X, is the use of the Finder
fonts and icons for all objects, and two new fields - file Kind and
Media/MP3 Info. The Kind field, only shown by default in Simple User
Mode, displays the same type of information the like-named field in
the Finder displays. The Media MP3/Info field displays MP3 tags or
media (image/movie/sound) characteristics.
This release also adds two new Batch menu functions: Play Media and
Create Movie Previews. It also fixes numerous bugs, many of them introduced
Packages, such as used for most OS X application, are now handled
similar to the Finder, as single file records, with the option to
treat them as normal folders. Packages are actually folders containing
many files and folders which normally should not be moved or renamed,
so hiding them from the user normally makes sense. Sometimes, pieces
may be removed to save space, for example, extra language files, or
added to add functionality, like plug-ins. All batch functions, including
Compare Contents, now work with packages as if they were single files.
Play Media looks for sound or video files in the selected files.
If it finds one or more, it opens a Player window and loads the first
sound or video file. After the first file is completed, the second
will automatically be loaded and played. The controller is a standard
QuickTime controller, and standard key commands are available. "Space"
starts and stop. When playback is suspended, left and right arrow
keys go back or forward one frame per click. When playing, these keys
skip 10 seconds per click.
Command-option-left or right skips to the previous or next playable
File RoundUp Version 2.6.3 Release Notes Dec 24, 2009
* fixed bug with Leopard and Snow Leopard (10.5.x and 10.6.x) that prevented dragging of file records
* fixed bug with Snow Leopard (10.6.x) that got incorrect volume dates after list update
File RoundUp Version 2.6.2 Release Notes Dec 10, 2009
* fixed bug with Snow Leopard (10.6.x) that got incorrect volume dates
* cleaned up appearance of pop-up menus in Options panels
* cleaned up positioning of items in "Search and Selection" options panel
* fixed bug that could cause hang with certain MP3 files
* fixed bug that caused memory error (seen in Console log) after performing custom match with file contents
File RoundUp Version 2.6b12 Release Notes Jan 17, 2007
* added support for package/bundles being handled as individual files
- contents sizes added up to get size of bundle
- batch functions operate on package, transparently working with all
the individual files and folders hidden within them
- makes list smaller and scans faster
* added identification of folder names ending with ".action",
".component", ".help", ".kext", ".pkg",
".mpkg", ".plugin", ".prefPane", and
".wdgt" as packages
* added more support for playing ".wav" files, wasn't playing
files that weren't typed by system as "WAVE" file type
* added support for rendering Scitex CT image
* added time display to Play Media window
* improved handling of multimedia files with file type '????'
* improved auto-sizing of fields - was making name field too narrow
to fit longest names
* improved handling of QuickTime movies with external references -
wasn't allowing resolving
* changed Play Media window to stay visible when switching application
* changed Zip scanning routine to ignore redundant directory listing,
files preceded by "._" and in "__MACOSX" directory
* changed - inverting selections no longer changes volume or folder
record selections in search results window
* changed - folders that end with ".framework" are no longer
* cleaned up field headings for right justified fields (sizes, etc.)
* fixed bug with processing of multiple search file contents parameters
- wasn't using all parameters
* fixed bug with compare by contents - when comparing a zero length
MP3 file, was indicating false matches
* fixed bug - switching user modes didn't restore Options Panels hidden
when not expert
* fixed bugs with deletion of package components and other folder
- was reporting moved folders and crashing in some cases
* fixed cosmetic bug during Name Replace function, was flashing garbage
text in progress dialog initially
* fixed bug with scanning network volumes in Tiger, was getting error
-36 in some cases
* fixed display of OS X Application icons when creator code is '????'
* fixed bugs with printing introduced in 2.6b10
* fixed bugs with printing in Carbon version - was drawing file flag
icons in wrong place, incorrect sizing of headings, duplicate progress
* fixed help for menus related to File Kind, search
* fixed crash bug with saving list file in FileList format with Compact
List option enabled
* fixed bug with saving configuration with "Include Windows"
unchecked - was leaving invalid missing list windows, now sets to
default stacked or tiled list windows if this option was used when
configuration last saved
* fixed bug with saving list file in FileList format with MP3 files
in it (introduced in 2.6b1)
* fixed bug with saving list file in FileList format with long file
names in it. Caused FileList+ to crash. Now truncates names to 31
* fixed bug in display of archive record in Folders list window -
wasn't using correct icon, could crash
* fixed bug with batch, search contents and compare contents functions
when more than 28 volumes mounted (including dismounted volumes) -
Was reporting error, not opening files
* fixed bug with Copy/Move function where, when copying off of a locked
device with Copy Comments option on, such as a CD-ROM, was reporting
locked volume error for every file
* fixed bug with keys not being recognized when Tool Palette tool-tip
* fixed display of version number with packages - was overwriting
name, now shown beside it
* fixed bug with not getting version info for packaged applications
without .app in name
* fixed bug, from 2.6b10, with display of Volume icons when horizontally
* fixed bug in Compress batch function - converting to HQX format
was crashing due to bug in StuffIt, now works around bug
* fixed bugs with hangs (spinning beach ball) during Sync Files
VERSION 2.5.0 was released 11/1/2004
The 2.5.0 update was a major redesign
of the user interface, particularly the Search Palette. It offers
a cleaner, simpler interface. Advanced options are hidden unless "Expert"
mode is selected.
It also fixed several bugs, improves support for MP3 files and long
names (list files, scanned files, folders and volumes). It also vastly
improves the speed of the Update Scan function in certain situations,
and adds numerous improvements and options.
VERSION 2.2.0 was released 3/24/2005
The 2.2.0 update added two powerful new search methods
similar to Internet search engines like Google. These new modes allow
you to perform a search by any or all of one or more words, in any
order. It also adds more Panther support, as well as fixing numerous
bugs and improving support for OS X. .
VERSION 2.1 was released 9/9/2002
File RoundUp Version 2.1 Changes
Ported application to Carbon for OS X 10.0 through 10.2 Jaguar with
Major changes include - Search Sets (replacing Special functions),
redesigned Search Palette, Improved Database, Live Scrolling, Secure
Deletes, Batch Function Lockout option, Multiple Folder Selections,
Folder Batch Functions, Configuration Set editor
Search Sets - A "Search Set" contains all the information needed
to repeat a complex search function, including any number of parameters.
Search Sets may be saved as files, which can be loaded by double-clicking
in the Finder.
Search Palette - now has a new tabbed design, with functions
formerly in the separate Selection Control Palette now available here.
Improved List Database - records are larger but contain much
more information and have room for growth. Allows many functions
to be faster because it reduces need to access disk. Database
still takes up less room on disk than competing software!
Secure Deletes - file deletes may now be optionally "Secure",
meaning the file is completely overwritten to eliminate the ability
to retrieve any file contents.
Batch Function Lockout option - Batch functions that change
files (like copy, move, delete, rename) can now be made accessible
only when a password is entered, allowing administrators to limit
access to these powerful functions.
Folder Batch functions - Set Info, Rename, Show in Finder can
now be performed on one or more folder selection as well as file selections.
Folders may now be selected and dragged. Empty folders are displayed
and created when copying.
File RoundUp makes use of Apple's latest release of QuickTime, version
2.5 or later. If you plan to use the image browser and thumbnailing
feature and you don't have QuickTime 7.x or later yet, we suggest
you download it free from
Each new version of QuickTime adds more image, movie and sound formats
that are supported. File RoundUp automatically supports all
media types supported by the currently installed QuickTime. File RoundUp
does not require or make use of the Pro version of QuickTime, but
is fully compatible with the Trial and Pro versions of QuickTime.
The User's Guide and User's Manual are provided in Adobe Acrobat
PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free at Adobe's web site.
We recommend you have at least version 5 of Acrobat Reader.
Copyright ©1993-2013 Warp Ten Software. All rights reserved.
File RoundUp and Warp Ten Logo are trademarks of Warp Ten Software.